Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Top Ten Books That Made Me Cry


Top 10 Tuesday is a weekly bookish feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.

This week it was our turn to choose a topic for the top ten. I chose...

Top Ten Books That Made Me Cry 

I love a book that tugs at my heart and makes me feel connected to the story and characters. I love being invested in a book and feeling like I am forever changed by the words. Here are some books that definitely made me shed some tears, some more than others. So let's get started!! 



This book only had me shed a few tears. I think I expected it to be tear me apart, so I was kind of prepared for it. It did not end completely like I expected it to and that is what made me cry. 




This story is so beautiful and if you are married I think this story can tug at your heart stronger than if you are single. I love this one so much! The end definitely had me shedding tears. 




This is a story that I am very attached to and I have invested a lot of time into reading. I love the characters in this story. The ending is very beautiful and the journey that these characters take in this series is simply amazing. 



Nicholas Sparks is known for his emotional books and this one definitely takes the cake for me. I did not see the ending coming and when it came, I was a wreck. A Walk to Remember is a close second.




I do not want to spoil anyone with this one but this one had me lifting the book to cover my face because I was crying so hard, at the same time I felt like I could have thrown the book across the room. 




This book is so special and dear to me. I love this story and characters so much. Just read it. I do consider this one of the best pieces of literature that I have ever read. It is amazing. 




This book- made me cry! I was so surprised at the ending of this book. I felt like I might have read the words wrong and had misunderstood the events that had just taken place. It was so shocking and epically amazing. 



Okay- I could not just pick one Harry Potter book for this topic. I had to mention at least two. This one had me sobbing. It was so moving and unforgettable. I will never forget sitting on my couch and reading the conclusion to the amazing series. 



This is by far my favorite Cassandra Clare book. This story is so epically amazing. This book has the best conclusion of any book that I have ever read. Words cannot describe how much I love the characters in this book. It is truly a gem. I have never been so blown away by a conclusion to a book. It was absolutely amazing and it made me cry so much. 



I have never cried so hard over a book. Ever. This book was such an emotional book. I had to stop reading it at times so I could gather myself. It has such a beautiful set of characters and the story is so simple and amazing. I highly recommend this book. This book forever changed my perspective on life. 


Thanks for visiting and we will talk to everyone soon! Please tell me what were some books that made you cry in the comments below. 
Happy Reading!!












10 comments:

  1. On the ones you listed that I read - TFIOS, Landline and Allegiant there were definitely some form of tears ( in TFIOS I was sobbing like a baby both times I read it). All the Bright Places is on my TBR - Great topic and list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All The Bright Places is amazing. It is definitely one of favorite books I read this year!

      Delete
  2. Great list. I've read a few of them, and they made me cry too. TFioS, HP. I LOVED Landline. What a great book. Sounds like I need to give All the Bright Places a try...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely boohooed over #1 and #5. I'm trying to remember the ending of LANDLINE ... I might have to grab it off my shelf and re-read it :)

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Those books are tear jerkers! You will bade to glance at Landline! It might not make everyone cry but it definitely tugged at my heart.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful list! On this list I've read #3, #4, #6, #7, #10 and I agree with you on all of them, they are so beautiful and heartbreaking at points.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah The Book Thief, so sad! The Harry Potter Books too especially the sixth one for me. I mean I know more people die in the seventh but.....the sixth is just so sad.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/05/19/top-ten-tuesdays-5/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those all made me cry very much! Love those books!

      Delete