Top 10 Tuesday is a weekly bookish feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.
This weeks Top 10 list is: Ten Books I Plan To Have In My Beach Bag This Summer or Ten Books I Think Make Great Beach Reads
I could not decide whether to do ten books I plan to to have in my beach bag this summer or ten books I think make great beach reads. So I decided to do both! Now I am no where near a beach. I live in New Mexico, where water is scarce. It makes me really sad when the weather warms up, especially when I read books with great beach settings and never get to experience the beach for myself. I guess I will have to settle with reading outside in my backyard while the kids are playing in the sprinklers. I usually gravitate towards contemporary books during the summer time. I love reading light, beautiful and inspiring books during the warmer months. Let's get started!
Five Books I Plan To Have In my Summer Bag
1. To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han: This has been on my TBR list for a long time and I am going to read it this summer. I love Jenny Han's writing style and I am really looking forward to this book.
2. Amy and Roger's Epic Detour: I absolutely love Morgan Matson! She is just such a great summer author. I am going to definitely read this one soon!!
3. The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson: I just finished reading I'll Give You The Sun and I fell in love with it! I did a full review of this book on my blog. It is one of my top books that I have read this year. I am definitely still on a book hangover from it and I am so excited to read another book by her.
4. Just One Day by Gayle Forman: I really want to read this book! It seems like a great, original book!
5. Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz: This book has received such amazing reviews and awards. I know I am going to love this book and I cannot wait to give it a try this summer.
Five Books I Think Make Great Beach Reads
1. Since You've Been Gone By Morgan Matson: This book is soon good! Definitely one of my favorite contemporaries of all time. I really, really recommend it for summer! It has such a great setting and takes place during the summer time. The characters, the story, it's all amazing! It also has lots of adventures that have to do with the summer time.
2. All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven: This book is so amazing! Even though it is extremely sad and heart felt it has a sense of adventure to it. It has you wanting to discover new places and go exploring. I have also have a full review of this book on my blog.
3. The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks This is one of my favorite Nicholas Sparks books and it has the perfect setting for a beach read! Definitely give it a try. Even if you are not a huge fan of Sparks! He is not one of my favorites but I highly recommend this one.
4. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart This is one of my favorite books of all time! I know it is not everyone's cup of tea. But it is definitely mine! I highly recommend it and you are either going to love it or hate it!
5. The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han As I mentioned earlier, I love Jenny Han! She has the perfect writing for summer time and I love this trilogy. It has the perfect beach house setting! Love the character development in this book. I hope you give it a try!
I hope you give some of these a try this summer! What are some of the books you are planning to read this summer? What would you recommend I put in my summer bag?