Thursday, April 2, 2015

Book Review: The Well of Ascension

There will be no spoilers for this book or the series in "My Thoughts". You may not want to read the summary of the book if you have not read book one in the series. 

THE WELL OF ASCENSION BY BRANDON SANDERSON


                                               Series: Mistborn Trilogy, #2

Publication: August 21, 2007 
(first publication) by Tor Teen

Source:  Paperback, 784 pages 

Goodreads Summary:
They did the impossible, deposing the godlike being whose brutal rule had lasted a thousand years. Now Vin, the street urchin who has grown into the most powerful Mistborn in the land, and Elend Venture, the idealistic young nobleman who loves her, must build a healthy new society in the ashes of an empire.

They have barely begun when three separate armies attack. As the siege tightens, an ancient legend seems to offer a glimmer of hope. But even if it really exists, no one knows where to find the Well of Ascension or what manner of power it bestows.

It may just be that killing the Lord Ruler was the easy part. Surviving the aftermath of his fall is going to be the real challenge.


My Thoughts:

- Do you like unique and amazing worlds??
- Do you like character development at its finest??
- Do you enjoy bigger-than-life plots??
- Do you like to be completely blown away by plot twists??
Then you HAVE TO READ THIS BOOK!

This story is a complete masterpiece. I was completed blown away! 

First of all, do not be intimidated by the book's size. It is completely worth the time reading this book. It does not move slow and completely captivates you from page 1. There is some slower brewing moments, but they are with purpose. Brandon Sanderson is a genius at storytelling. Everything is woven together so beautifully that all the little, slower parts come together very well in the end of the book. 

One thing I loved about this book was the characters. I have to admit that I did not love the characters when I first started book 1. I had a hard time relating to them and I was not that attached to them. As I continued, and their stories started to develop, I was hooked! Vin the main character is such a quiet, timid character at the beginning of the book. But as the story progresses she becomes so strong and confident. I loved her relationships that she built with Kelsier, Sazed and Elend. The characters are so dynamic and have so much depth. 

THE PLOT is amazing! I don't want to go into any information about the plot with either book because I think you have to read to discover it for yourself. But, it is truly epic. One thing that I love about high fantasy (and Sanderson does it so well) is the fact that the plot is so big and impacts the entire world. There are so many plot twists in both books in the series and you DO NOT see them coming. You may think you have things figured out- believe me, you do not. The author is the master of plot of twists. 

I have no bad things to say about this book. None. It is absolutely incredible and I highly recommend you read this book series. It is on my favorite shelf! I cannot wait to start the final book in the trilogy. I know that the series does continue after the trilogy too, which is really exciting too. 

Book Rating:



No comments:

Post a Comment