Friday, April 10, 2015

Theresa Says: Read It! ~ Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson

When it starts getting warmer outside, I start gravitating to contemporary books. Spring and Summer seems likes the perfect time to pick up a light, fluffy, feel-good book. Today, I am going to recommend you one of my all-time favorite contemporaries. If you have not read this one- you need to! It is such a special book and it just has great character development and a fantastic storyline. 

Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson

449 pages 

Published: May 6th, 2014 by Simon and Schuster

Goodreads Summary:  The Pre-Sloane Emily didn't go to parties, she barely talked to guys, she didn't do anything crazy. Enter Sloane, social tornado and the best kind of best friend—the one who yanks you out of your shell.  
But right before what should have been an epic summer, Sloane just… disappears. No note. No calls. No texts. No Sloane. There’s just a random to-do list. On it, thirteen Sloane-selected-definitely-bizarre-tasks that Emily would never try… unless they could lead back to her best friend.
Apple Picking at Night? Okay, easy enough.
        Dance until Dawn? Sure. Why not?

        Kiss a Stranger? Um... 

Getting through Sloane’s list would mean a lot of firsts. But Emily has this whole unexpected summer ahead of her, and the help of Frank Porter (totally unexpected) to check things off. Who knows what she’ll find?

Go Skinny Dipping? Wait ... what?


Thoughts: 

I was sold when I first read this summary. I could tell this was going to be a fantastic book. This is the only Morgan Matson book that I have read so far. I do plan to read her other books very soon. 
Here are some things that I absolutely love about this book:
  • I could really relate with the main character Emily. We have a lot in common. 
  • It makes you really want to try things that you never could see yourself doing! 
  • It makes you want to step out of your comfort zone. 
  • The author creates "Playlists" throughout the book, and it really helps create the mood and helps the character's personal taste shine through. I often stopped while I was reading to listen to some of the songs on the playlists just to help me live in the moment of the book.
  • I loved the writing style of this book! It is so fresh and fun! 

I gave this book 5 out of 5 stars on Goodreads. This is a must-read for Spring and Summer time. I hope you give it a try! What are some of your favorite reads for the warmer weather? 

Happy Reading!!


No comments:

Post a Comment