Saturday, April 25, 2015

Top 10 All Time Favorite Authors



Top 10 Tuesday is a weekly bookish feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.

This weeks Top 10 list is: Top Ten All Time Favorite Authors

Sorry this post is a little late! I have been so busy this week decluttering and cleaning my house. I am following a new organizing book called The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo.  Review will be coming soon! Anyways, back to my top ten- let's get started!!



10. Alexandra Bracken- I definitely have a love/hate relationship with The Darkest Minds series. It is not one of my favorites series but it is one that I think about a lot. I absolutely love, love her writing style. Is it perfect? No. But she is so creative and she creates such wonderful, captivating characters that just draw you into the story even if the the world-building is lacking or something doesn't make the best sense. She has a way of creating suspense and anticipation in her novels. Highly recommend giving her a try. She has a new book coming out this fall and I will definitely pick it up. 





9.  Cassandra Clare- Oh how I love her Shadowhunter World! I think it is so unique and amazing! If you love fantasy with paranormal creatures and romance, you need to read these books. She is also the queen of ending her series. Clockwork Princess is one of my all time favorite books and it mostly because of the ending. I highly recommend her epic books! She is amazing!




8. Stephanie Perkins- What can I say?? Her writing is beautiful! She is definitely the best at writing YA Romance. She knows how to create the perfect relationship. I love how she makes the setting of her books a huge part of the story. She makes you feel like you are actually there with the characters. 




7. George RR Martin- Okay- he is a genius. No one is a storyteller like George RR Martin. His writing is so complex and beautiful but so easy to read. He makes you LOVE his characters! Even the horrible ones. You cannot put down his books and even though most of them are 1,000+ pages, they are really quick to read! 


6. Laini Taylor- Anything this author writes is a YES for me! She is absolutely incredible.  Daughter of Smoke and Bone is one of my favorites series of all time. She creates very strong worlds, with amazing plots and complex characters. Highly, highly recommend reading her amazing books. 


5. JK Rowling- Do I really need to explain?? How can you compare anything with JK Rowling?? She is JK Rowling. She is the creator of the most famous world ever! I love everything about her and Harry. They hold a very special place in my heart, and no one holds a candle to them. Ever. 


4. Rainbow Rowell- Rainbow has the most beautiful, simplistic writing style. I LOVE her writing. She has such an amazing tone in her stories. I love how she writes dialogue! She is the queen of dialogue. My favorite book by her is Fangirl but Landline is a close second. Highly, highly recommend reading her books!





3. E.Lockhart- I have only read one book by this author, but I do consider her one of my favorite authors. Her writing is unique and amazing. I read We Were Liars last summer and I think about this book just about every day. I loved everything about this book. She incorporates a lot of metaphors and unique descriptions in her writing. I cannot wait to reread this book. It will definitely be on my summer book-et list! 


2. Jennifer Niven- Okay- this is another author that I have only read one of her books. I recently read All The Bright Places and did a full review on it. This was her first YA Fiction book. This one was just so incredible! I loved so many quotes in her book. It captured my heart and I thought it was extremely well written. I cannot wait to see what she writes next for YA Fiction! 



1. Sarah J. Maas- Okay. She is amazing. I think her Throne of Glass series is something very special. I love the world, plot, characters, everything she has created! I will read everything this author ever writes. I think she is brilliant. If you have only read the first book in the series, keep going. It only scratches the surface to this epic story. Love her so much. I cannot wait for her new book to come out next month.

Please let me know- what are some of your all time favorite authors?? I will talk to everyone soon! Happy Reading!!!
















2 comments:

  1. Great list - Love Rainbow Rowell and Stephanie Perkins as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! They are the queens of contemporary!

    ReplyDelete